Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Riches and Christianity

Humility Required to receive from God.

This week I have experienced what I can call folly or also in another expression pride. I will narrate the story.

A church member came to me asking for help, they said they were eating corn morning, afternoon and evening because there is no food. I was touched to help.

The next Tuesday I went to extend a hand, with a few grocery Items. To my shock my groceries were returned. The wife said Tawanda has offended me before so I will not take any of his food.

This humbled me because I have a bad reputation of being foul mouthed. I asked God for forgiveness and have not yet spoken to them to forgive me.

Nevertheless I learnt I need to be humble inorder to receive from God. Even if the giver offends me he can still be used by God to bless me.

I ask any reader to pray for my foul mouth and also to help me to be humble to receive from God.

1 comment:

  1. How does the Apostle say? Our Tongues are like a raging fire that lead us into all manner of evil ~ who can tame it?

    Fight the battle and you will win my Brother!

    Peace !

    ReplyDelete